Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Win Tomorrow Night Will Be HUGE!
(10-31-2022, 09:14 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't really care what the "experts" have to say.

But yes we really need a win tonight.
I don’t either but it would be nice to see more than 10 second game highlights every week!

Like I said, players don’t need confidence and this team has no problem being the underdog, but I just think it will help the team with momentum and a swagger with a win a big win in primetime.

Zac being 1-5 against them also plays big because you know the players have seen that and it will make them know that the monkey is officially off their backs.
(10-31-2022, 09:16 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Steelers are done I think.
I agree but they’ve beaten us already this year, it’s a rivalry game, and Heinz field is always a tough place to play.

That’s why the momentum aspect with a win tonight plays big.
(10-31-2022, 09:51 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's so weird because I would not have believed you if you told me, in 2017, that I'd be nervous about a game against the Browns coming off a Super Bowl and playing well enough that a Super Bowl is in serious discussion this season as well.

The idea of being nervous about a 2-5 Browns squad with an average QB, bad defense and key injuries in their secondary, offensive line and offensive weapons just would not have made sense to me.

Historically, especially since I began watching the Bengals in 2005, the Browns have generally been an easy out. From 2005 to 2017, the Bengals went an astonishing 20-6 against the Browns. Every year, no matter how bad we were, I went into each Browns game thinking "well, at least we got this one. I don't know about next week, but this week we're okay."

But, since 2018 and, largely, since Zac has taken over, we've really struggled. Zac has gone 1-5 against the Browns in his career here (And Lewis went 0-2 against them in 2018) and Joe Burrow is still winless against them in 3 starts, one of which was just 2 games after we dominated the Ravens last year (so we were considered "good" at that point).

No matter how little sense it makes, this game is going to be incredibly difficult to win. I hope they pull through and get to 5-3.

Cleveland is playing for their season right now. If they drop to 2-6, they're effectively done. They'd have to win out to get into the playoffs at that point. So they have a lot to play for. We do too. I'm excited but also incredibly nervous for the game tonight.

Exactly. It makes no sense but I guess it’s just the rivalry aspect and the battle for Ohio. It’s a pride thing.

A dominating win will get this team believing that history and bad luck can’t stop them.

Going up in the Dog Pound and winning under the lights will have this team rolling.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Win Tomorrow Night Will Be HUGE! - BFritz21 - 10-31-2022, 12:43 PM