Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is your News Source Left or Right
(12-11-2015, 03:21 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: How can people not have a problem with the news being left or right leaning? The news should be unbiased and unfiltered if all they are doing is reporting facts. Maybe there is something I'm missing?

No wonder everyone is so divided though there are multiple forms of the news that cater to your political beliefs and lifestyle and everyone believes their source is telling the truth. I think to get the most educated outlook you have to look at multiple sources and come up with your own opinion.

They aren't reporting facts anymore.

That stopped in the 80's.

Now it is "anchors" (i.e. pundits and talking heads) taking some information, factual or not; making an interpretation or inference which coincides with the agenda of their side; and broadcasting that conclusion to their audience as hard, factual information.

Gone is the day of Walter Kronkite telling you exactly what the event is and leaving it up to the viewer to interpret the how or why.  What's left is the Nancy Graces of the media stating an event and immediately serving as judge, jury and executioner.  This is followed by praising all who agree and chastising all who oppose.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is your News Source Left or Right - jfkbengals - 12-13-2015, 01:27 PM