Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns game had nothing to do with Chase out
OP is correct, that beatdown had nothing to do with Jamar Chase. If anything, the team should look at Chase's absence as a blessing that exposed all of the underlaying issues with the offense, namely the offensive line.

Team can't even establish any semblance of a rushing attack, team can't pass protect to save their lives (or Burrow's). The biggest disappointment has to be the performance of Left Tackle Jonah Williams, the ONE player that the team was banking on when they did a bold makeover of the offensive line this past offseason. If Williams isn't getting beat physically, he often looks indecisive on weather to protect the edge or block down.

I'd love to give the interior OL some credit, for at least stopping the gushing hole up the middle that we so often saw last year, but they can't seem to generate any consistent push in the running game, that would enable so much pressure to be taken off of the passing game.

Was Jamar Chase missed in last night's game? Absolutely.

Was his absence the reason the offense was putrid? Hell naw.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns game had nothing to do with Chase out - SunsetBengal - 11-01-2022, 08:49 AM