Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Team reliant on individual heroes due to mediocre coaches
(11-01-2022, 12:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even when Chase played, the offense struggled all but 2 games and it was against depleted teams.

And yes...great points in paragraph 2. And those cause the issues I mentioned about.

And when things go bad...like the pass rush is getting home, they have no clue how to call plays that stop it. Like traditionally screens where you let the rush get there then dink it over their head.

They hardly use Hurst. He is a good TE. Open a lot. Instead they do 3 yard dinks to Mixon and Wilcox.

It's just a mess from top to bottom and Taylor owns it. He's not some innovative offensive genius.

We have struggled with the wide zone all year.  That plays into the lack of screens, because both require the OL to get second level blocks.  For another, it's not like Mixon can really hurt the defense on a screen.  He might get a 1st down if he's lucky, because he won't make anybody miss or break any tackles.  That's not enough to significantly slow the pass rush down, especially a guy like Garrett who can be in Burrow's lap by the time the screen gets set up.

I disagree on Hurst.  He is tied for 9th in Targets amongst TE's.  I'll concede that anybody that's productive in the passing game looks underutilized when the ghost of Joe Mixon got 9 Targets last night, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Team reliant on individual heroes due to mediocre coaches - Whatever - 11-01-2022, 03:36 PM