Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Cohesive Season Done or Not Done Thread
(11-01-2022, 06:58 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I think we're done tbh. That's not just based on the Browns debacle... let's be honest, in which games this year have we really looked that good?

I know you don't have to be the Bills/Chiefs to make the playoffs, but they look a world away from us. We were meant to be making those teams our peers this season. Not even close currently.

Injuries are also hitting at the wrong time, and we've lost critical players here for much of/the whole season.

The only plus is the schedule looks softer than it did at the beginning of the season. Only the Bills/Chiefs games where I feel we definitely lose. But tbh, if we can get humiliated by Cleveland than we can lose plenty of the remaining schedule too.

Either last year was a bit of a fluke, or the Super Bowl loser hangover does exist. I honestly feel it's more the latter, teams really struggle to follow up a Super Bowl loss with a good season. The Bengals as a franchise have barely ever been ready for success, let alone having to overcome the type of failure that other more successful franchises have.

I think we'll soon be talking about hopes for a rebound next season. I still think we should be a team to be reckoned with next year, but I did bank on us looking a lot better this year, and we simply don't.

You make some solid points!  Let us hope they catch on fire and have a good streak of football. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Cohesive Season Done or Not Done Thread - Marlon23 - 11-01-2022, 07:38 PM