Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The AFCN Has Figured Us Out...
(11-02-2022, 12:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Don't be shocked, but i agree with you. Mostly...

The problem is turnstiles at the tackle position. Firing Pollack and bring anyone else in will not matter when your tackles can't slow EDs down.

Cover 2 doesn't matter now that Burrow knows he can't just go out there and fling it deep every other down. Pick at the defense and then hit them when they go man. 

There are two massive problems with this team right now and those are 1. Bad tackles when facing good EDs and 2. Joe Mixon and his inability to gain any semblance of yards or pass block at an even average level. 

I 100% agree this is our big issue so far this season on offense. Those check downs to the RB usually have been the correct decision, since the defense plays back so much, nobody is open. If Mixon makes a man miss, that changes those 1-yard plays to 8-10 yard plays. Mixon is killing us this year. The tackles just compound it because he has to continue to get rid of the ball quick because they can't slow down the pass rush. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The AFCN Has Figured Us Out... - M.W. - 11-01-2022, 09:52 PM
RE: The AFCN Has Figured Us Out... - Garrus - 11-02-2022, 08:23 AM
RE: The AFCN Has Figured Us Out... - jason - 11-02-2022, 08:57 PM
RE: The AFCN Has Figured Us Out... - jason - 11-02-2022, 09:31 PM