Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns game had nothing to do with Chase out
(11-01-2022, 11:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Anytime your tackles play as bad as the Bengals played last night, there's going to be trouble. Myles Garrett wrecked the passing game. On a play that Jonah had help, Garrett just spun inside, knocked Jonah off balance and Perine was standing there with nothing to do but pick his nose because Garrett was on Burrow in less than 2.5 seconds. 

The reason they had been playing better was because Burrow had clean pockets to work from. 

It doesn't help that the Bengals almost refuse to drag guys across the middle. Their route combinations are sometimes painful to watch when it's 3rd and 7 and they have 2 guys on the left run flat routes AT EXACTLY THE SAME DEPTH, while the TE runs a dig on the other side right into a double team. Burrow just did some happy feet dance and dropped the ball over the middle to Perine, who had a defender already on him, for a 2 yard gain.

It looked like Burrow was intent on getting the ball out of his hands as fast as he could and when he actually did have time, guys like Mike Thomas drop perfectly thrown balls. Then on top of that, the Browns were allowed to be handsy all night. On at least 2 occasions that i remember, when a receiver was about to run by them, they just gave a quick grab and tug to slow them down. No flag. They did throw one on a play to Tee though...once.

Say the name Donovan Peoples-Jones and unless you're a Bengals fan, probably no other NFL fan has ever heard of him. 

I'm almost getting the feeling that the Browns are in their heads now. 

P.S. Joe Mixon is soooo terribly awful at finding holes it's also painful to watch as well. He misses so many, it's astounding. And then sometimes, when he has room, he runs so close to his blockers that the defender just needs to reach out and stop or slow him down. I started to type so many replies to a thread last week about him, to talk about how bad his vision and balance is...but i stopped because i like the attitude and "hard work" he brings to the team. Well, not any more. That guy needs to be replaced. Watch just about any run of his and you will see wide open holes that he choses to ignore while trying to squeeze between 2-4 300lb men. Oh, and his pass blocking is horrific. Perine isn't a whole lot better as a runner, but at least he can find and get through holes that are there.

This is it.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns game had nothing to do with Chase out - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-02-2022, 09:54 AM