Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The AFCN Has Figured Us Out...
When people talk about our division competition being weak, they are mistaken. This year in the NFL the level of competition is a lot better than last year. We have teams like the Jets, Dolphins, Giants, Vikings, Cowboys and Philly that were terrible last year and they are definitely in the playoff conversation. Then there are teams like the Packers and Bucs that have underperformed because they got slightly worse and the teams below them got better.

The Browns are much better than their record--they've lost a lot of close games. The Steelers could have been a top 5 defense if Watt didn't get injured. Their offense needs some work still, but they are no easy out. The Ravens are obviously at the top of the division, but they are beatable.

The Bills and Eagles are two teams we'll likely struggle against because of the pressure they create on defense and how explosive their offenses are. The Browns will always be a tough out for us because their strengths line up with our weaknesses. Any team with a dominant dline and good corners will give us trouble.

There aren't a lot of 'cakewalk' teams this year. Houston and Detroit are the only teams that are pushovers. Even the Falcons are still leading their division (won't last long). The Panthers just about shut out Tampa. I think we should beat them, but I don't think it'll be easy necessarily.

If I were forced to place a bet I'd take the Bills and Eagles in the SB as most would. We can still improve and make the SB if we can get healthy and Taylor can figure out our offense. But it just seems like the Bills and Eagles are on another level. The Eagles putting up the points they did against Dallas was the most impressive thing I've seen this year. If they can make the Cowboys defense look bad, look out. We just aren't on that level of being able to put up 30-40 points against a top 10 defense. We weren't there last year in the playoffs and we aren't there yet this year either. We may end up having to regroup next year as I'm not feeling the same magic that we had last year.

That said, playing the defenses we play in the division is going to make us a better offense. If we can figure out how to score 30+ against the Browns, Steelers, and Ravens we can do that against anyone. It's just a matter of time. How long does it take Taylor to figure out how to scheme properly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The AFCN Has Figured Us Out... - M.W. - 11-01-2022, 09:52 PM
RE: The AFCN Has Figured Us Out... - jason - 11-02-2022, 08:57 PM
RE: The AFCN Has Figured Us Out... - jason - 11-02-2022, 09:31 PM
RE: The AFCN Has Figured Us Out... - Bengalstripes9 - 11-02-2022, 02:19 PM