Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe on 'blocking out the noise'
(11-02-2022, 03:55 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: He has a valid point however I think what we are looking for is just a little bit of consistency. Mixon started to be running better the past couple of weeks and yet against the Browns he went down if they put a finger tip on him. We move the ball at will against the Falcons and yet against a lousy Browns defense couldn’t even muster 100 yards by halftime.

The offensive line seemed to start to click the past couple of games and then lay an egg againsthe Browns. It seems if there is just one premiere pass rusher on defense the Bengals will have absolutely no answer to account for him and the Browns game was another example. At least double down with a TE and chip with a RB or run some quick hits and screens to the TE right behind the rusher.  

Our run defense will rebound I’m sure. The other things worry me and and now not to mention what the plans are without our #1CB? Who is going to try and fill that void? Certainly not Eli Apple. If this season is lost at least our young DBs will get a lot of experience now. The absolute lack of any trade discussion at all even to entertain options makes me wonder if the Bengals brass is questioning if the playoffs are attainable this year.

They did kick the tires on some WRs prior to the deadline, but must not have liked what they saw....or the price wasn't right.

I would have definitely liked them to have taken a shot at some DBs though 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe on 'blocking out the noise' - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-02-2022, 04:15 PM