Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Would Like To See Bengals Run 50 % Of The Time
(11-03-2022, 03:18 AM)kevin Wrote: A good mix is to have as many running plays as pass plays.  It would cut down on the pass rush on Burrow and when Burrow does pass he will have more plays Down Field.  The Run sets up The Bomb.

Of course this will never happen because Zac Taylor likes to pass every play.  Of course no O Line can pass block every play and The O Line gets blamed for the Sacks and Joe Burrow gets blamed for the Sacks, but nobody blames Pass Happy Zac Taylor for the Sacks.

Meanwhile Mixon is wasted on a team where the head coach refuses to call running plays.  OK, they throw to Mixon, but again it is Burrow getting hit as Zac Taylor is into Pass on every play of the game.  

So my wish for around 50 % Runs and 50 % Pass will not happen, because Zac is more 10 % Run and 90 % Pass.  

I am not alone on now being a critic of Zac Taylor game plan and play calling.  On CBS the Sunday Game Day Staff were talking about The Bengals a week or two ago.  Esiason liked the Bengals and Cowher liked Bengals Defense but Phil Simms said he was not sold on the Bengals yet, because he thought the Bengals plays and play calling were not up to speed.

After the F Grade game Bengals turned out in Cleveland, I am now positive that the #1 Problem with The Bengals in 2022 is The Game Plans and The Play Calling and maybe even The Play Book.  So in 2022 Zac Taylor is the Problem.  Not the O Line.  Not Mixon. Not Burrow.  The Problem with the Offense is ZAC TAYLOR.  I agree now with Phil Simms on how predictable the Bengals Offensive Plays are.  If every single play is Shotgun Pass, that is way too predictable against Well Coached NFL Defenses.

So I finish this where I started.  I would like to see a lot more RUN plays.  When Zac came in, he had some nice Power Sweep plays of Pulling Guards that created Running Lanes for Mixon.  Then Zac drafted Burrow and Zac wants to go Touch Football Pass on every play.  It is NOT working at 4-4 and 0-3 in the AFC NORTH.   To WIN in the AFC NORTH, you HAVE to RUN THE BALL.   So I wish Bengals would get back to half of the plays being Running Plays to help set up the 50 % Pass Plays.  

i know it will not happen.  Zac Taylor will be Pass Happy against Panthers and every other game rest of season.  Zac refuses to call running plays.  The problem is passing every play may work in Madden Video Game or Touch Football or The Arena League, but it does not work n The NFL.  As the Bengals played Pass Happy Madden Video, The Browns beat the stuffing out of them with SMASH MOUTH NFL FOOTBALL.

If all Zac is going to do is call The Shotgun Pass every play, then they should have Traded Mixon.  Many teams would have gave up a pass catcher to get Mixon, and Mixon is being wasted by a head coach who Refuses to call running plays. Calling running plays only a few times a game is NOT calling running plays. For those Fans who LOVE the shotgun pass every single play, 4-4 and 0-3 in the AFC NORTH shows it is Not working.  DEFENSES are ALL over it.  If you do not mix in The Run with The Pass, The Defense will be all over your receivers and clobber your QB. So it is NOT the O Line or Burrow, it is indeed Zac Taylor calling shotgun pass just about every single play of the game that is the Problem in 2022.

Now in 2021, Zac knew Burrow was back from surgery with the leg brace, and Zac ran the ball more to try to keep Burrow healthy.  Bengals went to Super Bowl.  Now in 2022, Zac is back to his 2020 nonsense of passing on every play, and that doesn't win in the AFC NORTH. It's like Zac has this dream of a team that passes every play, but he must have picked that up in Arena Football, because that garbage doesn't work in the NFL. Good teams can Run and Pass in The NFL.  Every Dynasty Team ever had a good Mix of RUN and PASS.

Kevin is on to something....

If we run more, especially under center, we should definitely be able to raise the 1.05 ypc avg.
If we give Mixon more rushes he has a much better chance of making at least one defender miss during the game.
We should definitely trade Mixon for a WR - Kupp?  Jefferson?  Diggs?

I do agree that our game planning, scheme, play calls are amateur hour.  But taking the ball out of Burrow's hands to increase the number of plays that we suck at, is most likely not the answer...

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Would Like To See Bengals Run 50 % Of The Time - casear2727 - 11-04-2022, 03:04 AM