Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On a Scale of 1-10 How Confident Are You?
(11-03-2022, 08:03 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: He looks like he could play God in a movie that can't afford Morgan Freeman.  

Back on topic...

Back on the mothership there was a poll that asked: would you rather have one assured Superbowl victory or leave it chance and see how many SBs Carson, Chad et al could win.  The overwhelming majority chose the latter.  So, the approach on these questions isn't always so realistic.  

There were seven seasons between the first and second SB appearance and 33 years between the second and third.  It's difficult to even reach a Super Bowl and even more difficult to win one.  Joe's a competitor and if he could will this team to a trophy I believe he'd do it.  But that's not how it works.  It's a team sport, and with injury, free agency and retirements (increasingly at younger ages), the players here now may not be here a few years down the road.  Maybe this nucleus will win one in the next season or two.  Or maybe in ten or fifteen years that group of future Bengals will pull it off.  Or maybe none of them will.  

If you asked me this in 1989 when I was in my 20s, I would have said it was an eight or nine.  Today, in my mid-but-soon-to-be-late 50s, it feels more like about a three.  

Yes. Another factor is that Joe Burrow gets hit A LOT. Like A LOT. Odds of an injury are elevated. And it could shorten his career and productivity.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: On a Scale of 1-10 How Confident Are You? - THE PISTONS - 11-04-2022, 01:20 PM