Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAGA Foreign Policy: "Not Another Penny for Ukraine!"
(11-05-2022, 02:01 PM)samhain Wrote: It's a matter of how the GOP deals with their newfound (likely) majorities.  Voices like Greene's will be loud.  She will have several cohorts like Jordan, Boebert, Gaetz, Gosar, etc that will help her push this kind of agenda.  

With that said, and it pains me to say it, we may have to hope for the good ol' military-industrial complex to prevail here.  Weapons manufacturers and their lobbyists probably won't love the idea of scaling back production and profit for some crackpot isolationist agenda.  I'm sure they have no shortage of congressional Republicans on speed dial to have conversations about campaign contributions and the like.  
I'm 45.  In my lifetime, I've never seen the military industrial complex lose.  Granted, we live in strange times regarding the GOP shift toward authoritarian populism in some scenarios.  Maybe they really have turned into some strange new party that cares less about having global hegemony and more about image-based Caudillismo, but I doubt it.  If they care less about payola than insane ideological bluster, then we're all in deep shit.  if money can't control the crazies, then buckle up.  

McCarthy will have some decisions to make and they won't be easy ones.

All good points, Sam. Though I'm not sure pulling out of Vietnam or the Iraq War fit the MIC agenda.

The war lobby will likely be a powerful lobby here. I'm just wondering, though, if the MAGA contingent can
gum up the works, so the Ukraine aid runs like a car driving with one flat tire, but still going.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MAGA Foreign Policy: "Not Another Penny for Ukraine!" - Dill - 11-05-2022, 02:45 PM