Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How an urban myth about litter boxes in schools became a GOP talking point
(11-06-2022, 11:03 AM)samhain Wrote: FWIW, I don't even think Rogan is a conservative.  He's liberal, in the classical sense, anyway, on almost every social issue.  He wants zero to do with helping Trump and has said so.  If people dislike him for being a meathead that spouts dumb ideas, I get it.  I guess I just feel like a lot of people that toss him on the pile with MAGA and the authoritarian nationalist crowd have probably never really listened to a significant enough sample size of his discussions.  

I think that mostly comes down to the manner by which the GOP and their pundits have adopted the "Hey, I'm just asking questions, here" or the "I'm just trying to see the other side of the story, here" style of bad faith arguments that are more covering your ass accusations.  

I personally find it a bit scary/amusing that a mainstream political party has taken the strategy of "just asking questions" that was usually reserved for guys trying to test the waters of kink with the women in their lives.  

Why are you so upset?  I didn't SAY I wanted to have a threesome with you and your roommate, I simply ASKED if maaaybe you'd be into that sort of thing.  What's wrong with asking questions?  You know who didn't like people asking questions?  Hitler, that's who.  That reminds me, do you think it might be fun if you dressed up like a Nazi in the bedroom?  Just asking, don't get mad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How an urban myth about litter boxes in schools became a GOP talking point - Nately120 - 11-06-2022, 01:53 PM