Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How an urban myth about litter boxes in schools became a GOP talking point
(11-06-2022, 11:03 AM)samhain Wrote: Man, I hate to admit it, but I really like Joe's show and his overall format.  I quit listening when I switched work schedules and had no time for podcasts and such.  That was right around covid and that's when people started lumping him in with the far right.  There are times when he'll say some real dumb shit.  Hell, there are times when he will straight own up to being an idiot.  

Example: he had Dr Phil on pushing the rainbow fentanyl scare recently.  That's some dumb, nonsensical information and one of his own producers pushed back on it.  You really have to go in with context when consuming his content.

People are used to conservative broadcast standards set by arrogant, uncompromising, unlikable dickheads in the Rush Limbaugh mold.  Rush gave zero ground, even when he was demonstrably wrong.  He and his ilk were there to win scorched-earth arguments and shape a national narrative.  It was not about facilitating discussion.  

FWIW, I don't even think Rogan is a conservative.  He's liberal, in the classical sense, anyway, on almost every social issue.  He wants zero to do with helping Trump and has said so.  If people dislike him for being a meathead that spouts dumb ideas, I get it.  I guess I just feel like a lot of people that toss him on the pile with MAGA and the authoritarian nationalist crowd have probably never really listened to a significant enough sample size of his discussions.  

Oh, no.  He's not a conservative...Rogan's gimmick is act like a moron who doesn't understand anything and ask questions without questioning what he is being told.  It works because he is a mid-level moron.

Unfortunately too many people take that information as truth because Joe Rogan said it.  Then when he comes out and says "Hey, don't listen to me.  I'm a moron." they think he's just being funny.  Because how could he get that show and all those listeners if he was a moron?  Afterall they agree with what he has to say.  And THEY aren't morons!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How an urban myth about litter boxes in schools became a GOP talking point - GMDino - 11-06-2022, 06:24 PM