Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running Mixon Is The Key To Victory!
(11-07-2022, 12:04 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Mixon had 14 carries under center and eight from shotgun yesterday. He averaged 6.1 yards per carry under center and 8.4 from shotgun. I don't think Mixon is the key to success, but I really do hope he can find consistent success going forward. He obviously isn't going to play like that often, but being able to provide something to the offense would be nice, especially while Chase is out. 
I didn't realize he carried the ball that many times from under center or that effectively!

I'll have to watch the game agani!

I think Mixon is the key to success because, like Burrow said, how can any team beat us when they have to focus on stopping the run but also try to keep defenders back to stop Burrow from picking them apart?
(11-07-2022, 12:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The OL was displaying great precision in execution and delivering crushing blocks like their asses were on fire.  Oh, and Joe Mixon finally decided to show up for work one day..

I was impressed with the line play and also impressed with some of the blocking schemes that Pollack drew up. I've said all along that the line doesn't need to be too good but just need to get their heads on people and Mixon can make things happen, which he showed yesterday.

He bounced a few runs to the outside, was patient and picked his spots on a run runs, and a few runs he just had to man-up and push the pile!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Running Mixon Is The Key To Victory! - BFritz21 - 11-07-2022, 12:20 PM