Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(11-08-2022, 05:51 PM)Dill Wrote: I know people want him to choose Gabbard, but at the moment that doesn't seem realistic to me.
DeSanitis is smart like a normal politician.

She would have a lot of baggage for some Repubs. And as I say, I don't see her winning a debate with
MJT, certainly not Nikki Haley.  

There are a lot of MAGA Repubs and marginal MAGAs who have been fighting FOR Trumpism for 
years, and they and their backers would not take kindly to an upstart who was recently pro abortion and 
con assault weapon bans.  

Even if she converts whole heartedly to the MAGA style and program, she'll be regarded as fickle.
Great for talk shows as the Dem-who-admits-how-bad-they-really-are. Not a running mate, though.

Lake is a much stronger VP candidate for the right.  She's very polished and although she has a liberal past, she's not waffling about her far right affiliations in the current moment.  The right doesn't need to beat around the bush electing centrists for swing votes like the left does.  They have the luxury of going full crazy.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - samhain - 11-08-2022, 06:13 PM