Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(11-08-2022, 08:15 PM)Dill Wrote: Ok. Your stance was that the liberal side deserves "plenty" of blame.  

But I don't see even that nuance in statements like the following, which appear to apply equally to both sides. 

Both sides carry this extreme black and white worldview around and are more concerned with scoring points for their own side than to actually have a meaningful exchange. Yeah Americans from different aisles do not really talk to each other any longer, you just fight with each other, with extreme rhetoric that kills all chance of any convergence and is in fact designed to do so. 

Yeah, so that's some aspects of many where I think it's actually not that far apart, the extent of bad behaviour or whatever one wants to call it. Regarding riling up the other side more or less intentionally or rather assuming the worst and most worthy of mockery then trying to understand where the other person's actually coming from, for example. There are other aspects where it is not that close, like tolerating the idiocy of Donald Trump, minimizing blatant coup attempts or what FOX does compared to liberal media etc. etc. And yes, in total I think the conservative side is more extreme and harbors the greater threat to democracy, and so on. I'm not arguing for equality on all fronts. I feel you misrepresent my position by oversimplifying it.

I have to say though. It also seems you use your "I won't have this 'both sides do it' argument" stance to shield the liberal side from any sort of critizism. At least the way you use it, it could very well serve that purpose.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - hollodero - 11-08-2022, 09:01 PM