Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butler County Ohio Man Killed over politics
(11-09-2022, 12:12 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Wow. Just had a wild discussion with a Bengals fan(Ray) that I hadn't seen since before lockdown that this story kind of reflects this thought process. Not with the violence and murder, but with the inability to reason with someone.

I've always known Ray is a Conservative and so is his good friend Jerry, a retired Dentist. I mentioned Jerry and asked if he had heard from him because I got inundated with Pro-Trump texts and memes from him and then tons of long, psychotic anti-Fauci rants before the inevitable **** Joe Biden flag pics. And then . . . nothing for five or six months. I sent a text to see how's he doing and a Samoan dude answered back saying he got this new phone a week ago and he had no idea who Jerry was.

Ray kind of rolled his eyes and went on to explain how Jerry wanted to send his grandson to a Christian school but his daughter said no and Jerry wanted to know what he thought about it. Ray, who spent five of our 15 minutes together talking about how great Trump is and how much better off the country was under Trump . . . IS NOT MAGA ENOUGH. Ray said that he wouldn't want to be living under the beliefs of his Grandfather especially since most of what his Grandfather knew and understood about his world most likely would have little use in this modern world that he never experienced. Jerry hung up and then sent him a text saying that he no longer considers him a friend.

The look of shock on Ray's face when he told me that was pretty saddening. They've taken several family vacations together and for years, when Jerry flew to visit his daughter in Florida for most of the Winter, Ray would drive to Jerry's house, 15 miles away, three times a week, just to water the plants. All thrown away just because he didn't line up exactly with Jerry's beliefs. If Ray is too Liberal for Jerry's friendship, I think it's safe to say that I didn't ask for Jerry's new number.

Crazy that people literally hate each other over this stuff, and it's to the point where you have to fall in step line by line to qualify.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Butler County Ohio Man Killed over politics - michaelsean - 11-09-2022, 12:38 PM