Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Boomers Top 5 Qb's under 30 years old
(06-07-2015, 02:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What on earth are you talking about?  You made a comment about how Ryan plays without his weapons.  I simply tried to show what he did without them.  The ability of Julio Jones is kind of irrelevant when you're discussing the numbers he put up without him, is it not?

I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about with OC's.  Andy Dalton threw the ball 586 times during his career high of 2013.  He threw the ball 530 times in 2012.  I would guess that he has an average or above amount of downfield attempts.  Are you arguing that he's never had the opportunity to post better numbers?

And how exactly did Matt Ryan benefit from having two number 1's his first four years when Julio Jones wasn't even on the team until his 4th season?

I don't know, I really think some of you just make up bs as you go.  You said that Ryan plays awful without his weapons and I showed that he posted better numbers without them than Dalton ever has.  So again, either Dalton's best is awful or you were talking out of your ass.  Period.  End of story.

Look at last season, Falcons offense was depleted. How did Ryan do? Honestly? He's not a better QB if he couldn't get his team a winning record in the sad nfc south last season. I brought up his supporting cast to show you 2 things: 1) he still has a very talented receiving core even if one of his #1s go down and 2) the Falcons offense relies more on passing verticals and deep slants than relying on 4-7 yard routes like Dalton under Gruden.

Ryan didn't have jones until his fourth, but even with that type of offense and his "better talent" he didn't rank with Dalton and the rest for most TDs and yards in those 4 season. You picked one of 8 of Ryan's seasons (his 6th actually) and tried to compare it to a guy who hasn't even started his 5th. So yea daltons career best chances of being better than Ryan's are slim. But Ryan is inconsistent. He's not successful in the playoffs and he didn't play well when his high powered offense is depleted, like last year. Idk toast, you might have changed your name but you still have your head too far up yours to change your way of thinking or observation. Ryan isn't better than Dalton.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boomers Top 5 Qb's under 30 years old - type_stripe - 06-07-2015, 03:09 PM