Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(11-08-2022, 10:01 PM)hollodero Wrote: But have you ever wondered why I (and Bels, though that guy actually knows stuff, so this is a bit different) got along with SSF so much better? We both sure did not pander to him, I disagreed with him almost as often as you did and sure did not hide that. And yet there were no harsh words. I'd assume the reason was that I did not try to prove him wrong, I tried to explain why I saw things differently. We didn't make it personal. But when people (not you) jump to clever retorts like pointing out how a policeman can have no moral compass or how he is a coveted Trump fan or doesn't care about racists or things of that kind, I can understand why his feelings towards liberals are getting worse. And at times I even understand how not saying anything about any of that gave an impression of complicity, aka I don't attack my fellow liberal no matter what.

Not really, though he as asked me the same question.  I seem to have a better memory.

He respects you two and wants to keep your good will. Bels is a fellow 2A advocate.
But have either of you engaged him on the really risky issues? I think you came close with the post on "balance." 

The main difference here is that if you think I implied you made a Hitler comparison, you don't blow up the dialogue. The misunderstanding is cleared up quickly and we move on. It doesn't become a false card to be played against me on future threads. All dialogue about politics is going to involve misunderstanding and misconstruction. You and I work, in good faith, to make sure we understand what the other is saying. That remains, even if I try to "prove you wrong."  

That said, I grant that your rhetorical skills are much more nuanced and your "emotional intelligence" better than mine. You negotiate the pitfalls of these discussions with more skill than anyone here. I quite agree with SSF that I have something to learn from you on that score, though at the risk of sounding combative, I'm not the only one who could.

As to the last bolded, several times I have come to a thread after a great dust up involving him and some unnamed person, not me.
The posts are deleted and no one tells me what really happened. Once after such an event, he called me a "hypocrite" for not defending him, skeptical I hadn't witnessed it. You must be alluding to something like that. 

So . . .  onward to new themes: will the two-party system shoehorn Gabbard into the Republican party now, perhaps in the newly forming "DeSanctimonius" branch of it, partially shed of Trump's personal baggage, but not Trumpism?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Dill - 11-11-2022, 09:28 PM