Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bye Week Games That Could Help Bengals
(11-12-2022, 09:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The Keebler Browns   

[Image: th?id=OIP.xxZaqZxzaASaZJ8bICZlngHaEK&pid...id=Api&P=0]
[Image: th?id=OIP.7yc8MHrKC8zrLb0kQzi8-AHaE8&pid...id=Api&P=0]

Not Elf's but Brownies.   I remember this from 1960's before Bengals.   Now I'm not sure if The Brownie mascot was before or after Paul Brown.  I do know after firing Paul Brown, Art Modell and others tried to say the team was named after Brownies and later after Jimmy Brown.  Of course Paul Brown started the team in the World War II era of The Great Lakes League which were big US Navy Defense Bases of Navy Training, many Soldiers and many Battle Ships in and out.  Paul Brown named them the Browns because that is his name.   My guess is The Brownie came after he was fired, but I'm not sure.   This was way before The Keeble Elf.   They use to call these things Brownies.  Girls too young to be Girl Scouts also could join The Brownies and later become Girl Scouts.  

Anyway, The Browns got destroyed and they are not a good team.  Bengals should hang their heads in shame for losses to Steelers and Browns this year, because their records show they are not good teams. Getting swept by either of these teams would be shameful by the AFC Champ Bengals.

49ers beat Chargers and that helps Bengals.  Not sure how much Vikings beating Bills helps, but it doesn't hurt.   Since Bengals beat Miami and need to beat Cleveland, I really don't think that game means as much.  Chargers loss helps in Wild Card race.  We now know in the NFC, the Vikings are plenty tough in 2022. My guess is Zimmer didn't leave the cupboard as bare as Lewis did here in Cincy. This new coach took over a team with Jefferson at WR, who is dominating as much as any WR in NFL. We can add Vikings to possible Super Bowl teams. With some wins, The Super Bowl Bengals could show don't forget about Who Dey in Super Bowl talk.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bye Week Games That Could Help Bengals - kevin - 11-14-2022, 04:36 AM