Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are the Browns lousy against everyone else except the Bengals?
(11-14-2022, 03:13 PM)TigerStripes Wrote: Expanding on the out-coached comment....  The Dolphins established the run, which made them unpredictable enough to run their offense.  The Bengals ran the ball a grand total of nine carries against the Browns, excluding Burrows one rush.....  It's borderline "criminal" to allow that Dline to rush the QB with no threat of a run.  I'm no coaching guru, but that seemed one of the most egregiously bad game plans against that particular defense possible.

I've preached that all along, made multiple posts, and even made a thread about it. 

I posted the video of Burrow saying "if we run the ball like that, no one can beat us."

I also keep saying that Zac tries to make things too complicated so he can look like some coaching genius , when running the ball to set up the pass and winning games that way would make him look like an incredible coach because going with what works is what people care about when it comes to coaching. 

Even analysts would say "he had a great game plan and just kept feeding Mixon to set-up the pass."

Running the ball effectively will also help to take the crowd out of the game in cities like Pittsburgh, which will be important on Sunday.

It's getting cold here in Cinci, so hopefully that makes Zac realize that we need to run the ball more.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are the Browns lousy against everyone else except the Bengals? - BFritz21 - 11-14-2022, 05:17 PM