Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butler County Ohio Man Killed over politics
(11-14-2022, 12:09 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't understand people who put up yard signs. Why do you want everyone walking to know your political beliefs?

I had a new furnace put in back in 2020 and the installer said "And would you agree to put a yard sign up showing your appreciation today?" or something like that. I thought it was really weird because, while I've seen other companies put up yard signs like "this company did my landscaping" or "this company did my roofing," those yard signs are generally for companies that do work on the outside of your house and thus are an advertisement if someone walking by likes your landscaping or whatever. That doesn't apply to a furnace. But I just decided it wasn't worth denying him and I could just remove it once he left.

This ***** guy put a "We support our troops" sign in my yard.

I have no real problem with the troops. It's not like I wish them ill will or anything. The vast majority of them are just people trying to get an education and living for them and their families. But I have absolutely no interest in having a yard sign that proudly states I support them. That language has been heavily co-opted by the right, so I just took it down immediately because I didn't want my neighbors thinking I was a conservative haha.

Where my radio station is located, it is VERY MAGA and they have a way of making comments or asking questions early in meeting someone for the first time to see where your political affiliations lie so they can decide early on if you're worth their association. Out of nowhere, you'll get something like "My aunt had a medical issue that none of the Drs could figure out but she watched ____ _____ every weekend on OAN. She followed their advice and now she's cured! Sure enough. As soon as someone starts exposing Fauci's lies, they shut them down!" Your reaction to crazy shit like that tells them everything they need to know going forward.

Some people are stuck in this life of "Conservative in the streets but a Liberal in the sheets". I needed to have a computer repaired and shared an office with another radio station. They recommended a local guy that works out of his garage. He said that he could fix it, but he wanted to make it perfectly clear that he only works Monday through Friday. DO NOT BOTHER ME ON MY WEEKEND. I told him that I had to run my Mom to a bunch of Drs appointments that week and couldn't come back out until Saturday around noon-ish to pick it up. I asked if I paid in advance if he could just set it front of his garage in the tote that I'll bring with the computer when I drop it off. He said fine as long as I call when I leave my office to remind him to put it out front.

When I called, he sounded different. I told him that I was on my way and that I'd be there in 15 minutes. He must have gotten sidetracked after my call because when I pulled in the driveway, no tote. I went to the front door, knocked and heard "OH SHIT!!!" and a bunch of scrambling. "BE THERE IN A MINUTE!!!" After a couple of minutes, he opened the door in a stocking cap, a robe pulled closed with one hand up to his neck and had most of his signs of his upcoming drag queen weekend makeup wiped away. The reason his voice sounded different was because he was mentally in queen mode and had his lips kind of all crunched up almost in that stupid duck lips pose that girls do in photos.

None of my business, live your life as you want but, living where he lives, his career is done if word gets out. As the years went by, the station I shared an office with was sold to someone else. When they started doing facebook ads with a line in there that said "and all of the news that you want to hear". He commented with "Are Biden, Harris and Pelosi DEAD? Because that's the news that I want to hear!" Recognizing him, I clicked on his page and it's all uber macho, anti-gay laced propaganda filled post after post after post. Most of them are dumb but he has to put up a front. Stuff like "Hey, Libs. Wanna know the definition of a man? If you don't need to wear a wig" with the occasional hint of reality thrown in there once in awhile. Most of the hints will be locked into the comments "I am the one your parents warned you about" or "Nobody likes strangers but if they only knew how much stranger I am".

I only directly know of him, but I wonder how many publicly ultra MAGA types are a front? About a decade ago, I worked with two gay guys when I worked produce and when the Bryan Adams song Run To You came on the overhead Muzak, they both chuckled because they knew that I was involved with radio and then told me that it was a gay anthem. I asked how because Bryan Adams isn't gay and they said "Nowhere in that song does he declare that he is singing to a woman. When you have these rich Republican businessmen(their words) cheating on their wives with men from the gay bars and then hear this song, it takes on a whole new meaning."

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Butler County Ohio Man Killed over politics - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 11-14-2022, 07:02 PM