Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tee needs to tee off on the Steelers
(11-18-2022, 02:18 PM)TheFan Wrote: He hasn't shown the ability to take a 5-10 yard pass and take it for a TD like the top #1s do. 

I know you're getting picked on a little bit, but I have always thought this is a flawed way identifying a #1. I know, I know, you're not only using this, but this comes up a lot in conversations like this and it doesn't hold up very well. Time and time again, folks will say that a top #1 is able to do this but it is pretty damn rare.  I guess you'll get the flaming arrow. Since 2016, the year Boyd was drafted, he has one touchdown where he the ball traveled between 5-10 yards in the air and the TD ended up being greater than 20 yards. It was the 56 yard TD posted earlier. Overall, there have been 89 touchdowns like this on 131,720 pass attempts (0.067568%). Over that same time span, only five players have more than two TDs using that same criteria.

1. Antonio Brown (bonafide #1)
  2. Odell Beckham (Bonafide #1)
  3. Dawson Knox (Meh TE)
  4. Golden Tate (Decent receiver, nothing special)
  5. Julian Edelman (Good receiver).
Tyler Boyd has the same amount of such TDs as A.J. Green, D.K. Metcalf, and Deebo Samuel while having more such TDs than Tyreek Hill, Julio Jones, Davante Adams, Hopkins, Cooper Kupp, and several others that would be considered top guys. Touchdowns in this manner are incredibly rare and aren't a good indicator of whether a guy is a #1 or not. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee needs to tee off on the Steelers - KillerGoose - 11-18-2022, 04:12 PM