Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tee needs to tee off on the Steelers
(11-18-2022, 05:35 PM)TheFan Wrote: I'm honestly confused why people keep bringing up Tyler Boyd. The conversation is about Higgins being a bonafide #1 dude like some were saying vs him being a low end #1 or high end #2. 

Saying taking it for a TD may have been a bit hyperbolic but there's a clear difference between Jefferson, Hill, Chase, Jones (in his prime), and Adam's in space/YAC compared to what we've seen Higgins do so far in his career. 

I see Tee as more of a Mike Williams type player and not Julio Jones. Hopefully (if he signs again with us) I'm very wrong. 

Genuine misread on mine and several others part it looks like. You mentioned Boyd being a #2 how no one views him as a #1. Then, you went back to Tee. I must have skipped over that part and just read your final sentence, where you said he can’t take it all the way etc.

I’m assuming that’s what others are doing, too. My bad.

In regards to Tee, it depends. I don't know what you mean by space, but perhaps separation? If so, that's really only relevant when analyzing man coverage. It becomes less important in zone due to how zone coverages operate. However, in regard to YAC...no, not really. Last year, Tee Higgins was 12th in YAC per reception among receivers with 100+ targets. He actually averaged more YAC per catch than Tyreek Hill and Jefferson. He was slightly below Davante Adams. This year he is 24th in the league, but still neck-and-neck with Tyreek Hill. YAC is up across the league, overall. In his rookie season, he was 15th. He has averaged roughly the same YAC/catch each season (4.5, 4.6, 4.1) so we have a pretty good idea of what type of player he will be there. 

Identifying a top guy can be tough but it is really just about production. Guys can be great at beating man coverage but not a top guy, or great at YAC and not be a top guy. Tee was producing like a top guy last season but has taken a dip this year. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee needs to tee off on the Steelers - KillerGoose - 11-18-2022, 05:55 PM