Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age check….who were the top 3 players on the team when you 1st started watching?
(11-19-2022, 11:09 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Rudi was effective within his own skillset, but he added absolutely nothing in the passing game. 

LOL

I'm not sure you would say that if you played QB.

As a youth QB, half of the time I got hit, pressured or sacked, it was the RB getting beat or making the wrong decision. This made me pay attention when watching football on Sundays. The best pass blocking RB that I saw growing up was Walter Payton. He loved blocking for his teammates because he knew how much they selflessly gave to help him be a star. The 2nd best pass blocking RB I've ever seen is Rudi Johnson. He was just as patient but more effective at pass blocking than Gio Bernard(who is also awesome), because he was bigger and stronger so he held his ground better and gave Carson room to step into his throws. When Rudi went to Detroit, Carson Palmer lasted 3 and 1/2 games. He actually injured his elbow in the first game with Chris Perry as a starter and they expected him to be pass blocking more. 

Most of Rudi's receptions were last second, desperation dump offs 5-7 yards behind the line of scrimmage with pressure bearing down. Don't blame Rudi if the Bengals have been historically weak at running screen plays. 
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Age check….who were the top 3 players on the team when you 1st started watching? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 11-21-2022, 02:34 AM