Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things I would tell the team before the game, if I am coach:
(11-21-2022, 11:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think it is one of two things:  The offensive line retreats so deep in pass pro that it makes the opponent that much closer to Burrow.  His pockets just still don't look like what I saw at KC/LA last night.  Second, Burrow's drops are not deep enough.  It isn't so much staring down his target as it is that he is having to get the ball out so quick, the defensive line (unless it is an off-schedule down and distance) knows they can't get there so they just time their jump.  Burrow delivers the ball higher than a lot of QBs, especially with so many in love with different arm angles that make it look like sidearm.  

Frankly, our defensive line coach really needs to get after guys on the point of batting balls when you can't get there.  

Edit:  And good to hear from you, Bong!  Been a while. 

If they can clean that part up some, we get that much better. You got to expect one or two tips a game just think we have a few too many for whatever reason.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things I would tell the team before the game, if I am coach: - BengalsBong - 11-21-2022, 08:50 PM