Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee
(11-22-2022, 12:29 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: The browns game was four weeks ago (two games plus a bye).  Point stands, and it was ugly.  It was also the first game without Chase.  This is a resilient team.  I believe the bengals win this game.  Why?

1. The bengals need it more.
2. They will contain Derrick Henry (he still might get to 100 and a TD)
3. Burrow > Tannehill
4. Upgraded OL, titans won’t get to him like last year.
5. If chase comes back, this offense will be really hard to stop.  Even without chase, the bengals are getting everyone involved in their respective roles.

Awuzie out hurts us, a lot.  But I feel like the bengals get 27 this weekend and I don’t see the titans matching that total. I could be totally wrong, but it’s just a gut feel.

1. The Titans have a bad habit of laying a egg in games to extend our lead and create playoff opportunities, rather than "must win". It's not that it happens often, but it's a few too many times for me against teams you can beat.

2. "Containing" Derrick Henry last week was 87 yards on the ground, a running TD and he threw a touchdown too. He was one tackle away from a receiving TD. This was somehow considered an "ok" game by everyone. (even in Nashville)

3. Debatable right now but Burrow has much more long term upside. A Super Bowl appearance doesn't hurt the resume.

4. Again, debatable. But the Titans aren't the best in the pass by stats. The good news for us is that this appears to be getting better versus the first 4 games. But I'll put our D-line against anyone in the league right now.

5. Mike Keith the radio broadcast "Voice of the Titans" said this week that Chase is only "one of the scariest players in football right now". So yes, I think we're planning for him to play.

27 points would probably be a victory for you guys, but only one team (Buffalo) has scored that many on us this season. Even the Chiefs only got 20 and that was in OT.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee - pally - 11-21-2022, 10:06 PM
RE: Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee - Sevenfeet - 11-22-2022, 02:05 PM
RE: Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee - CJD - 11-22-2022, 12:02 PM