Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willie Anderson-HOF semi Finalist 2022
(11-22-2022, 11:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I would argue against the no brainer thing for Thomas.  My belief is he  shouldn't be in before Willie is.  People will point out the Pro Bowls as his resume for going, but he only got those after all the noise that came that Anderson missed out numerous times because of team performance.  He was a rookie Anderson's final year in Stripes, and Anderson retired after Thomas' sophomore season.  Meanwhile, Anderson gave up a total of 13 sacks in his career.  Thomas gave up 30.  There's plenty more that shows Anderson as more deserving for those willing to look into it.  For the record, I do believe Thomas is worthy of going, but not before players that were better than he was.

Willie did not just miss because of team performance. He missed because RTs were undervalued for decades. Look up the history of LT's making the pro-bowl and all-pro over RTs. The All-Pro team has been altered in the last 7 years or so, but Willie never benefitted from that. The HOF is an effing joke as long as players can be all time greats at their position and be dismissed because the position they played. If a punter is heads and tails above his contemporaries, then he should be enshrined.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Willie Anderson-HOF semi Finalist 2022 - pdub2005 - 11-22-2022, 11:59 PM