Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PFF Week 11- F*** You steelers
(11-22-2022, 09:58 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: That gut is getting bigger, though. He has needed to hit the gym since before he was here and every year, that gut keeps getting bigger but his arms and his chest don't. The physical difference between him and Rieff last year was night and day. I had hoped that some of Rieff's conditioning regime was copied by Jonah but no such luck.

[Image: sqd1jcye70281.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...6938f2b3eb]

Spain and Hopkins.
Last snaps in the NFL were as starters in the Super Bowl and no one wants either.
Billy Price and Cedric Ogbuehi have jobs.
That's how bad this O-line was last year.
Williams was the best leftover of THAT.
Hit the gym, dude. Don't make that SB loss the highlight of your career. 

I got a lot of flack for posting something similar about Jonah early in the season.  Got the old:  "Linemen don't look athletic" garbage like people used to say about John Kruck in baseball.  But this isn't baseball.  You can't hide the guy at first base.  Left tackles have to be extremely athletic and I feel like Jonah lost some of his quickness and has been getting killed by both speed and power rushers.  

I am willing to give him the rest of the season to right the ship due to his knee injury.  I dislocated my kneecap once and it fricking sucked.  To come back and play right after that with a brace was some hero shit and we don't beat shitsburgh if he doesn't have the really good game that he and most of the line did.  

All that being said, I do think the guy needs to get stronger.  When you aren't the biggest or longest, you have to have some special trait.  Jonah's was supposed to be technique and smarts.  Might want to work on strength.  He is in his prime, and there is no reason he couldn't add some real strength in offseason.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
PFF Week 11- F*** You steelers - SHRacerX - 11-21-2022, 05:24 PM
RE: PFF Week 11- F*** You steelers - jason - 11-21-2022, 09:27 PM
RE: PFF Week 11- F*** You steelers - SHRacerX - 11-23-2022, 09:42 AM
RE: PFF Week 11- F*** You steelers - Au165 - 11-21-2022, 07:53 PM