Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willie Anderson-HOF semi Finalist 2022
(11-23-2022, 11:23 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Honestly, I am not sure that Willie gets in. I am just looking at the PFR HoF monitor. It's a value that is calculated to tell you a players HoF score. It takes the players accolades, Super Bowl success and the AV value to aggregate into a final score. The average HoF T has a score of ~95. Willie has a score of ~59. Thomas, for reference, has a score of 113. It's not perfect, but it is a decent way of gauging likelihood. Willie's score is firmly in the "up-in-the-air" category. 

I am going to refrain from arguing about who was better out of the two as they played different positions, but I do have to admit I have a hard time stomaching an argument that a player who received twice the amount of All-Pro selections than his competitor is somehow worse than said competitor. It's an argument that I would only expect to see in a Bengals community. 

The HOF voters are notorious for ignoring great players on bad teams to induct good players on great teams.  Voter, Peter King has publically said.  That is why Drew Pearson and Lynn Swann are both in the Hall and Willie is not

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Willie Anderson-HOF semi Finalist 2022 - pally - 11-23-2022, 01:28 PM