Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee
(11-22-2022, 11:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: I understand the excitement TN fans for their team right now, after beating Green Bay away and given the game Tannehill had. He had a QB rating of 127, completing 22 of 27 for 333. A very solid team, very good in the red zone and on 3rd and 4th with short yardage. Henry is extraordinary. I also understand TN fans being upset by not be favored. And they were the first seed last year and the upstart Bengals beat them in a close one.

This game will be very tough for the Bengals and may come down to turnovers, again. But I would say I am sure the Bengals team feels like this is a must win game, given they are already behind the Ravens and only have their toes on the line of a playoff position. Tennessee seems like a shoe-in for their division. So, I find it unlikely the revenge factor outweighs the larger motivation of the Bengals team feeling like they need this one.

Titans AFC opponents yet to face this season:

Bengals
Jags (twice)
Chargers
Texans

The most important in that bunch are the Jags and Texans and ironically those are the "easier" games compared to the upcoming Bengals match and the Chargers, who like us, nearly beat the Chiefs. The Chargers game is in L.A. too. But a win against the Bengals would put us in the proverbial drivers seat.

NFC opponents we haven't faced:

Eagles (the return of A.J. Brown...and that game is in Philly)
Cowboys (Home SNF)

You could easily make the argument that the NFC opponents are tougher matches than any of the upcoming AFC matches, Bengals included. Right now, only the Colts are within any kind of striking range of us. If we win 3 of the 5 AFC matches, I think we're set. If we win 4, then definitely. And I've love to go 1 for 2 with the NFC matches if possible.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee - pally - 11-21-2022, 10:06 PM
RE: Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee - CJD - 11-22-2022, 12:02 PM
RE: Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee - Sevenfeet - 11-23-2022, 01:56 PM