Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willie Anderson-HOF semi Finalist 2022
(11-23-2022, 11:23 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Honestly, I am not sure that Willie gets in. I am just looking at the PFR HoF monitor. It's a value that is calculated to tell you a players HoF score. It takes the players accolades, Super Bowl success and the AV value to aggregate into a final score. The average HoF T has a score of ~95. Willie has a score of ~59. Thomas, for reference, has a score of 113. It's not perfect, but it is a decent way of gauging likelihood. Willie's score is firmly in the "up-in-the-air" category. 

I am going to refrain from arguing about who was better out of the two as they played different positions, but I do have to admit I have a hard time stomaching an argument that a player who received twice the amount of All-Pro selections than his competitor is somehow worse than said competitor. It's an argument that I would only expect to see in a Bengals community. 

Not sure what all that means really, but Anderson was one of the best tackles to ever play the game. 

Quote:In his 13 seasons in the NFL, Anderson faced nine of the top 11 all-time sack leaders; against those nine defenders, he only allowed one sack, which occurred during his rookie season in a match-up against Bruce Smith.[1] Anderson only surrendered 16 sacks in his 13 year career and did not give up a sack between 1999 and 2001.[citation needed] The 11 quarterback pressures he allowed in 2006 were the fourth fewest pressures allowed by an offensive tackle in a season between 2006 and 2019.[2]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Willie Anderson-HOF semi Finalist 2022 - Sled21 - 11-23-2022, 02:23 PM