Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee
(11-24-2022, 01:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Former Busts, Retreads, Past-primes, Has-beens, and Hopes...
Marcus Mariota (29)
Baker Mayfield (27)
Jacoby Brissett (29)
Jared Goff (28)
Matt Ryan (37)
Andy Dalton (35)
Taylor Heinicke (29)

With new additions of older guys who used to be good but currently stink...
Aaron Rodgers (38)
Tom Brady (45)
Matthew Stafford (34)
Russell Wilson (34)

Young starting QBs who stink...
Zach Wilson (23)
Daniel Jones (25)
Trevor Lawrence (23)
Justin Fields (23)
Davis Mills (24)
Kenny Pickett (24)
Mac Jones (24)

Out of that list, who honestly has a good shot at turning it around and being good for at least 3 years? Maybe Fields if he learns to complete more passes than rushing attempts? Maybe Trevor Lawrence? That's about it and I listed 19 QBs and there's quite a few "serviceable but never going to be great" guys in the remaining list like Carr, Tannehill, Prescott, Cousins, Garoppolo, Murray, and might as well throw Geno Smith probably being the new Tennehill in that category, I guess?

That puts my count at 26, with 2 (maybe 3 if Murray decides to mature and focus on football) I am still somewhat holding out hope for. Out of 32.

If you don't have Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, or Tua Tagovailoa, do you feel any other team is confident they 100% certainly have their QB position set for the next 5+ years right now?

Great post, I do like Fields and especially Hurts to be decent. Lawrence as you say might finally get it down who knows.

Mac Jones could be solid but nothing special.

There is a major fall off after the last QB's you mention no question. Cousins is good when he doesn't get pressured too
much who you didn't mention. I actually like Heinicke even if I don't like that team anymore, surprised he is THAT old.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee - pally - 11-21-2022, 10:06 PM
RE: Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee - CJD - 11-22-2022, 12:02 PM
RE: Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-24-2022, 02:38 PM