Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If You're Wondering Why Boyd Has Been Silent..........
(11-30-2022, 02:03 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Actually Chase missing those games could be a blessing in disguise as long as he comes back fully healthy.

TheBengals have learned a lot of different ways to beat teams since he left and are becoming a Swiss army knife type of offense and once Chase opens things back up the sky is the limit.

Mixon missing and them seeing what Perine can do getting the lions share didn't hurt either. just need them both back and get the team back to full strength.

I have thought the same thing.  Some teams that Boyd has killed before seemed as though they were going to make Burrow beat them outside without Chase.  Burrow adapted and used more of the RBs and TEs, with high%, low-risk passes.  I used to think his only weakess (and it was more of something he wasn't stellar at) was his always seeming to want to push the ball down the field. 

When it worked, it was great, but there was often a lot of hits or sacks as he would hold the ball until a WR broke free.  Kurt Warner was like that and it definitely shortened his career.  It is great at the same time of being dangerous.

How he has adapted has only made this team tougher to defend.  With the way the offensive line is playing now, and Chase's return, the Bengals are ready to roll.  Should be insanely fun to watch and I can't wait to see Sunday's game against the team that everyone is now touting as the Super Bowl favorites.  As of today, it looks like it will be dry and not too windy, but cold.  That stadium will be rocking!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If You're Wondering Why Boyd Has Been Silent.......... - SHRacerX - 11-30-2022, 09:08 AM