Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were in charge or free agency
(12-01-2022, 07:52 AM)Munich Bengals Wrote: I think they get Michael Mayer from Notre Dame in the next draft and extend Hurst for two years to give the rookie time to develop.

No way.  First round TEs make zero sense to me.  Pitts was supposed to change the game.  Has he?  Hockenson was traded away.  

The picks for first rounders (and we won't need a QB for 20 years) should be CB, OT, WR, and DE.  I rarely see any other positions as valuable.  And I think with really good scouting, the WRs we will be looking for could be had in later rounds.  Chase was a generational talent, and many of us saw that coming (toots horn again).

My absolute dream (and many of you will think this is either a homer play or just plain stupid), but Jaxson Smith-Njigba is a freak at WR.  His injury this season will cause him to drop a bit.  I don't see any way he is available of the end of round 1, but if he gets to around 20 or so, I might offer an addition couple picks to get him.  Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson were both first rounders this year and call JSN the best of the three of them.  

When Olave and Wilson sat out the Rose Bowl last year to avoid injury before the draft, JSN went off for 300 yards.  His absence is a big reason why the Buckeyes have struggled this year.  I see him as almost another Chase.   I don't know the details of his injury, and that could matter, but I would LOVE to see that guy with Higgins and Chase on the field.  Immediately better than the Greatest Show on Turf.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you were in charge or free agency - SHRacerX - 12-01-2022, 09:53 AM