Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Can The Bengals Keep This Team Together?
(12-01-2022, 06:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If they don't intend on extending Higgins (I don't even know if they reasonably can) then they should consider trading him rather than getting either nothing/a mere 2025 comp pick, assuming he already doesn't request a trade himself if he finds out he isn't getting extended.

AJ Brown brought back a 1st and 3rd and that's a pretty good player comp. If the Jags are indeed interested in a reunion, we could be talking their 10th overall pick and maybe a 4th rounder too (the 1st that got AJ Brown was 18th overall). That's a whole lot better than either nothing or a 2025 3rd round comp pick.

Trading Higgins would be heartbreaking to see but I agree it is the right move before you let him go away for nothing. Certainly can't afford to tag him.

(12-01-2022, 06:19 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I disagree Hurst in his own words has found a home in Cincinnat think you can get him on a reasonable deal.  Uzomah IMO not only wanted a significant raise but also was auditioning for a broadcaster career in New York one day.

Higgins grew up a Bengals fan... he will be paid like a #1 in Cincinnati perhaps slightly below market level but in Cincinnati that $$$ goes further than a bigger city. Not to mention the core of Boyd, Chase, Higgins and Burrow seem like they are the types to sacrifice a bit to keep the core together.

Bates good riddance 

I went back and forth on Hurst. There is so little depth in the NFL at TE that I could see someone tossing money at him for his production and potential but I hope he stays, he is a valuable piece and I think he is happy with being the top of the depth chart first option.

They can't afford to pay Higgins to be a #1 when Chase is going to instantly demand more money then Higgins and Burrow is going to have a huge contract. If they pay all 3 of them, Reader, Wilson, Awuzie all are going to end up being gone with no money to spend on defense. 

It's sad to see Bates in his current state, he just isn't giving 100%

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can The Bengals Keep This Team Together? - Murdock2420 - 12-02-2022, 02:44 AM