Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Can The Bengals Keep This Team Together?
(11-30-2022, 09:08 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Who's leaving?
Its a business. So lets just enjoy this ride and stop asking about who stays and who goes. I just want to go to the game Sunday and cheer.

The one thing I know about any successful franchise is that you have to have one leader.

https://youtu.be/LilcHqymgBo

Not quite the usual Debbie Downer, but I will bite:

It doesn't matter right now.  They can't keep EVERYONE, but the cap is still going to go up (potentially ALOT) from all the gambling revenue that will be generated for the NFL soon.  

Burrow is a no brainer, as is Chase.  I see on defense that Reader and Wilson are cornerstones.  Hubbard, Hendrickson, and Ossai are signed for some time.  My wish would be to also keep Higgins as I believe he is the perfect complement to Chase, and has underrated skills for both Red Zone and really anywhere on the field.  Kappa, ,Karras, and Volson are signed for some time.  McPherson will end up being the highest paid kicker in the league here.  

They will likely be spending the majority of their early picks over the next few years on CBs, OTs, DEs, and maybe more depth at safety.  I think they will try to go "cheap" at RB, TE, #4-6 WRs, depth LBs, and backup QB.

Everyone will argue that they need a top flight TE to really take advantage of the underneath cleared by Chase and Higgins, but I think most any slot WR and versatile TE (4th round or later) can do just fine with the talent at outside WR and our QB.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can The Bengals Keep This Team Together? - SHRacerX - 12-02-2022, 11:06 AM