Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Can The Bengals Keep This Team Together?
I think it's going to be tough, especially paying Burrow $50 million+/year.  I think that salary can work if the QB is making plays with his legs (Mahomes, Allen) where receivers can get open when the coverage breaks down.  In a more traditional style system like we have, the receivers have to get open themselves and I think that's where you end up having to spend a bunch of money to secure those types of guys.  

However, I don't see Allen or Mahomes running much after they turn 30.  The wheels are coming off for Russell Wilson in Denver now that he's getting older.
I'm hoping Burrow takes a manageable salary so the team has a chance.  Too much money on the QB results in the whole team suffering (Rams, Broncos, Packers, Browns) with a couple of exceptions (Bills, Chiefs).  It will be interesting what they pay Lamar this offseason.  I'd be very careful if I was the Ravens.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can The Bengals Keep This Team Together? - 2MinutesHate - 12-02-2022, 12:45 PM