Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We have The Best Run D In The NFL With Reader Playing!
(12-02-2022, 11:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: According to Next Gen Stats, our run defense success rate with Reader on the field is 73.3%, which would lead the league by A SIGNIFICANT margin if he had played every game because the Titans lead the league at 65.1%!

Obviously, that might not have played out the exact same, but it still goes to show how much better our run defense is with Reader in the lineup, which is important because three of the six teams remaining on the schedule are in the top ten in run yards per game (three in the top ten of YPC and four in the top eleven if you think that it's a more important stat).

Run defense is going to be very important as it gets colder and tougher to throw, as well as important in preventing other teams from controlling the clock and game!

[Image: FirK_PFUUAENhc1?format=jpg&name=large]

WHO-DEY!

Good stuff, Brad.  Thanks for sharing.  I think Reader does so much that he doesn't get credit for.  He may not have gaudy sack or tackle numbers, but if you have ever played LB, you know what a gift it is to be kept clean and offensive linemen simply don't get to the second level when he is in there.  At least not from the middle. 

I remember JJ Watt being very verbally frustrated with Reader being signed away from the Texans.  Much more than the typical "hate to see my teammate go, but it is a business" cliche.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We have The Best Run D In The NFL With Reader Playing! - SHRacerX - 12-04-2022, 10:59 AM