Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We have The Best Run D In The NFL With Reader Playing!
(12-04-2022, 10:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good stuff, Brad.  Thanks for sharing.  I think Reader does so much that he doesn't get credit for.  He may not have gaudy sack or tackle numbers, but if you have ever played LB, you know what a gift it is to be kept clean and offensive linemen simply don't get to the second level when he is in there.  At least not from the middle. 

I remember JJ Watt being very verbally frustrated with Reader being signed away from the Texans.  Much more than the typical "hate to see my teammate go, but it is a business" cliche.  

That's why I'd get so mad when people would say that Peko wasn't good because he wasn't getting a bunch of tackles or sacks and I would try to explain that his job isn't to get a lot of sacks and tackles, his job is to eat up blocks so the backers can get sacks and tackles and to clog holes!

Reader is better than Peko and does get some tackles and a sack every now and then (Peko got a few, too), and last year I think he had a few, but his difference can't be measured in his personal statistics. 

I'm glad he's back and can't wait to see how the defense plays with him back!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We have The Best Run D In The NFL With Reader Playing! - BFritz21 - 12-04-2022, 03:08 PM