Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Burrow is at a place most great QBs don’t get to until their 2nd contract
Simple question…

What base defense still works on Burrow?

Burrow has had bad games, great games. But in EVERY SINGLE GAME he’s learned. Burrows biggest pro coming out of college was his IQ. I think he’s shown that in his first 3 years. We’ve gone through stints where pressure bothered him. Where cover 2 bothered him. We’ve seen teams do well against Burrow but just selling out to guard deep.

At this point i think Burrow has mastered every mainstream bass defense he can possibly see. I am afraid to say this because there’s always SOMETHING that will fluster a guy but at this point, if something does fluster Burrow it won’t be a teams base D.

At this point my question is, is there still a base D that exists that should be the template to what you should play VS Burrow?

Imo you can’t play man damn near at all. You can’t play cover 2 because he now fully accepts that every play can’t be a TD and he’ll tear up your middle. You can’t play cover 3 because cover 3 is basically man down the field and all he has to do is see where the single high safety goes. You cant play cover 2 man because then we’ll destroy you with Boyd. You can’t run cover 4 as a base D because one it’s stupid and 2 with the emergence of our run game we would literally eat that coverage up.

The only way i feel there is a template to beat Burrow is if you have an elite pass rush. So my opinion is based off the assumption i have a pass rush. I say you stay in cover 2 as your base D and hope and pray you can tackle guys where they catch it and hope and pray the running game sucks that day. I racked my brain a long time and i just can’t think of a defense that still tricks Burrow. Now with my luck the Browns will create a brand new coverage just so i eat crow but hey it is what it is.
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Is Burrow is at a place most great QBs don’t get to until their 2nd contract - Housh - 12-05-2022, 02:04 PM