Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If it’s Brown it’s Going Down
Note to self: Don't say anything about the Browns that those folks in the Chief's Planet threads said about the Bengals.

I respect the Browns (well, on the field anyways) but I don't fear them. Either team could win but I believe if we play the way we are capable of I think the odds are in our favor.

Probably obvious stuff but here are some keys/thoughts on the game:

Manage the Browns pass rush through blocking assignments and play design.

Slow down their three head rushing attack (Chubb, Hunt, and Watson himself), and in particular be ready for the outside run game. Pratt has to be ready to play sideline to sideline. Hopefully Logan Wilson is fully healthy from his illness because he's gonna have a challenging day. The safeties and CTB should help. Everyone needs to get off their blocks quickly though.

Don't assume DWatson will still be rusty. They will have more success through the air than you are expecting. Our secondary needs to be prepared.

Sustain drives. Hopefully our run game continues to impress like it did last Sunday. It would be nice if Hurst is back as well. If not, hopefully Burrow and Mitchell Wilcox will get plenty of weeks during practice.

Have fun. Look you can't just make it some grim exercise in trying get a monkey off your back through being flawless for 60 minutes. That won't happen and you won't give your best effort if that is the way you approach it. Design an interesting play or two. Take some chances. Spice things up. And I think we will.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If it’s Brown it’s Going Down - BoomerFan - 12-05-2022, 09:37 PM