Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Select Bengal Core Players
My core 5 are Burrow, Chase, Reader, Higgins and...man...either Pratt or Wilson.

Higgins may end up being replaced because he will be too expensive once we lock up Burrow and Chase but, I don't know, I think Burrow is the kind of player who will take a non-max contract if it means keeping his 2nd best target around long term. I would never expect a person to take less money than they're worth, but if Burrow pulls a Tom Brady, I think Higgins gets re-signed. I also think there's a chance he takes a hometown discount to stick with Chase and Burrow (I think Boyd may take a good contract too to stay here, but we'll see. It will likely be his last big contract).

The highest paid WR duo in the NFL this season are DaVante Adams and Hunter Renfrow of the Las Vegas Raiders. They are making 44.1 million dollars between the two of them on average. And that's with their TE making 17M AAV and their QB making 40.5M AAV. In the next 3 years, when Chase's contract comes due, the cap will likely raise a fair amount, so would we be able to afford giving two players ~50 to 55 million? I think so. Especially if Burrow takes a non-max deal.

Keeping Higgins becomes much easier if we end up not picking up Mixon's 2024 option (which is looking pretty hard to justify at this moment), which would mean his money frees up in the same off season that Higgins will need a new contract.

It's tough to choose between the two LBs. Wilson is definitely the more consistent player over the last few years, but Pratt has really exploded this year. He is amazing against the run, he is a powerful hitter and he seems to be extremely clutch. Look at the interception against Las Vegas in the playoffs or the forced fumble on Sunday.

I always get nervous when a player breaks out in their contract year, but it's going to be hard to choose between the two of them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Select Bengal Core Players - psychdoctor - 12-05-2022, 11:12 PM
RE: Select Bengal Core Players - J24 - 12-06-2022, 03:44 AM
RE: Select Bengal Core Players - SHRacerX - 12-06-2022, 09:11 AM
RE: Select Bengal Core Players - Garrus - 12-06-2022, 10:00 AM
RE: Select Bengal Core Players - BoomerFan - 12-06-2022, 10:45 AM
RE: Select Bengal Core Players - CJD - 12-06-2022, 06:00 PM
RE: Select Bengal Core Players - Go Cards - 12-06-2022, 06:07 PM
RE: Select Bengal Core Players - XenoMorph - 12-07-2022, 11:22 AM
RE: Select Bengal Core Players - Housh - 12-07-2022, 11:59 AM
RE: Select Bengal Core Players - Fullrock - 12-07-2022, 12:04 PM