Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We all said ZT couldn't coach...
(12-06-2022, 04:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think a ton on here are very good observers and for no experience in the coaching profession very astute. I’ve shared this before. The light just didn’t come on for Zac. And that’s not to say they all haven’t evolved and improved.. But I know a college football HOF coach easily in the top 10 all time. He explained to me one time how much a poor offensive line can effect so much you want to do. Zac and Brian including their college days have seen plenty of cover 2 and Tampa 2. It didn’t take until the 6th game to figure it out. It took Joe who has always wanted to hold the ball and get the big play ( the ease of doing it at LSU ruined him for awhile).

Zac was inexperienced and know way Bill Belicheck wasn’t dramatically better year 4 or that his coaching acumen has regressed. Of course a top QB makes a difference. Saban had no QB at the Dolphins and failed. Jimmy Johnson wasn’t a crap coach his first year although he went 1-15. Amazing how things turned around with Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith.

I’m not saying Zac’s not learned or improved but there are lots of great coaches who struggled until they got a top QB and better roster. Most on here have agreed how much Zac has done for the culture and turning this team into a confident bunch. He’s the one who coined the mantra “ They’ve got to play us”. But Tom Brady’s supporting cast has effected him this year.

The difference this year ( certainly not the only one) is that the coaches just didn’t have that light bulb come on around the fifth or sixth game the offensive line gelled.

Bingo!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - 3wt - 12-06-2022, 03:39 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - 3wt - 12-09-2022, 03:18 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-06-2022, 07:54 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - J24 - 12-06-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - CJD - 12-09-2022, 03:49 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - CJD - 12-10-2022, 01:38 PM