Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We all said ZT couldn't coach...
(12-06-2022, 10:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Joe B. does not make a perfect throw and Tee does not make a tough catch in traffic, good chance we lose by 1 if Mac makes a field goal putting us up by 6. But Mahommes would have had a ton of time to beat us if pass is incomplete.

Joe's audible did not work, If you look closely a QB sneak for inches would have easily worked. But, I will take Joe's mistakes. I will also take Zac's mistakes because he manages a game very well. he manages time outs. His teams the last 2 years have not been penalized a lot which can kill a team. He has coached 12 games in 2022, 1 game his team was blown out and that was by Cleveland.

But, for some Zac has a short leash, a loss and all the ZT sucks posts resurface their ugly head.

This is I how I judge a HC in any sport:
1. Is the team prepared?
2. Does the coach scheme to the player's strengths and try and hide their weaknesses?
3. Does the team have discipline. Bad coaches have players who commit too many mistakes and penalties?
4. Do the players respect and play hard for the HC?
5. Does the HC win more than their fair share of games based on the talent on the field each game?

This I know, BB was an average head coach winning until he inserted Brady as the starting QB for the Pats. The Browns fired him. In 2021 ZT won 13 games and lost 8 including 3 playoff wins. In 2022, ZT is 8-4 so far playing a 1st place schedule. So ZT is 21-12 his last 33 games. The year prior, he lost his starting rookie QB in the middle of the season and the team was decimated with injuries. In my opinion, ZT has improved depth, Chase was out and we went 3=1. Mixon is out still. We lost our best CB for the year and Reader also missed multiple games.

It is easy to Monday morning QB and blame the HC when something does not work. But in the end, if we win the HC and the coaching staff deserve credit. Our OL was awesome against the Chiefs, kudos to the OL, but also OL coach and Joe B. for managing sacks well.

This team has a chance to be special, but also a 8-4 Ravens team lost last 5 in 2021 to end 8-9. My point is we need some luck to stay healthy and we need to focus on 1 game at a time. On to Cleveland!!!!!!!!

Well I was one of the naysayers. Zac had a rough 2 years to start and then we had a special run last year. This year started a little more rough than many of us probably wanted myself included. Mix in the fact that some of that rough start had questionable coaching decisions and I was questioning Zac and if last year we were just lucky. 

But I was wrong. We have put together a championship roster. The oline is gelling the run game is getting going and Burrow and the WRs are doing what they do. Obscure players are stepping up and making game changing plays. How many of us were scratching our heads about keeping Trayveon on the 53. Yet even he has been put in position to make plays and to his and the coaches credit has shown why he was kept. Last year came out of nowhere from the defense being stout to the big plays. Then the playoff run to the superbowl just seemed so unreal and unexpected. But this team right now feels special it feels like we could be going back for another try. All the people that were questioning Zac (myself included ) know they were wrong and couldn't be happier about it. 

I also don't think they're should be any worry about this team overlooking Cleveland.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - 3wt - 12-06-2022, 03:39 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - 3wt - 12-09-2022, 03:18 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - J24 - 12-06-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - NUGDUKWE - 12-06-2022, 11:56 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - CJD - 12-09-2022, 03:49 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - CJD - 12-10-2022, 01:38 PM