Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We all said ZT couldn't coach...
(12-07-2022, 09:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:
I was ready to kill him again when they ran that jet sweep on 4th and inches, but then I heard Burrow audibled to it.  My bad.

He did deserve a lot of criticism early on for the lack of creative schematics and wasn't adapting to the lack of time for Burrow.  It took a few weeks, but wow are they looking good right now.  It actually looks so easy right now.  If teams want to play cover 2 deep, they just die a slow death with high % passes and they even have a balanced attack with the run game.  This is BETTER (though not as exciting, I get it) than the deep shots, quick score offenses.  Why?  It keeps the other team off the field and keeps the defense fresh.  

I have never been more confident in the offense.  They are truly able to beat teams in so many ways.  The fact that they won three straight without Chase was amazing.  Guys stepped up.  The line isn't gelling, it has gelled.  They played absolutely fantastic against KC and that only sack was Burrow going down on his own.  

The coaches deserve a lot of credit for adapting to the team and for finding ways to attack defenses.  Burrow gets a lot of credit, too, for burying the ego a bit and just taking what is given.  It may not make as many highlight reels, but they are going to be VERY tough to defend.  

ZT and Callahan deserve our praise now.  Lou has deserved it all season.  Simmons deserves it now after making the tough choice to replace Huber.  

I know it's probably not this way with you, but I get a kick out of reading people complain about a call Taylor made, then when they find out Burrow made it they are all like "Oh, Joe called it, ok" It's still the same call. If Dunlap had done what he was supposed to on that play (there's a theme here) Taylor scores 7 on that sweep. I get it, people hate the Jet Sweep. You know what I hate even more, the QB sneak. Every time Joe sneaks the ball, it is an excuse for the defense to go ripping at his fingers to "try to dislodge the ball" and all it takes is a broken finger on his right hand and our season truly is over. Not to mention the shots to the knee in the pile. All kinds of bad things can happen on the sneak. I wish we'd just take it out of the playbook, but Joe's gonna Joe and he's a football player, not a diva QB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - 3wt - 12-06-2022, 03:39 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - 3wt - 12-09-2022, 03:18 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - J24 - 12-06-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - Sled21 - 12-07-2022, 09:38 AM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - CJD - 12-09-2022, 03:49 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - CJD - 12-10-2022, 01:38 PM