Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are the Bengals Becoming a "Must-Watch" ?
(12-07-2022, 09:20 PM)Science Friction Wrote: The Bengals-Chiefs game on Sunday was the most-watched Week 13 national game since 2014. Something like 23.4 million viewers tuned in.

It seems the Bengals are a team that fans enjoy checking out, especially when going up against KC.   This Cinci-KC thing is something that is clearly peeking the interest of a lot of football fans across the country.  Burrow-Mahomes going head-to-head is beginning to generate interest like Brady-Manning did back in the day.

Does it seem to you like the Bengals have become a pretty hot commodity for viewers of football around the country?  I guess that's what a SB appearence , a Joe Burrow , and a budding QB rivalry will do for you.

Just so people can quantify that number, I heard them say it represented a 14% increase from the highest game last season.  I wonder if Goodell and his cronies are now realizing that the NFL is best when every team is given a fair shot.  

As far as why people are picking up on the Bengals, I think it really boils down to Burrow and Chase.  That sounds dismissive to the rest of the team, but that is the star power of those two.  If I ever meet anyone outside this area and we chat football, I always introduce myself as a huge Bengals fan and someone that thinks the steelers should get "Baned".   A lot of folks might say they aren't big fans of the Bengals, but it is ALWAYS followed by "But, I love Joe Burrow".  Or "I love Ja'Marr Chase".  The only other Bengals I had heard that of in the past was Chad Johnson.  Long before he changed his name, folks from Florida were already calling him Ocho Cinco.  Huge star power.  Nationally recognized.  Maybe sometimes for fun TD celebrations, but also for his elite play.

That was before social media became what it is today.  Burrow and Chase, and their relationship (I mean, the meme "F it, Ja'marr is out there somewhere?") and the fact that they won big together in college is VERY appealing to so many people.  Heck, you are even seeing it being mimicked throughout the league. "Let's bring in his college teammate!  Instant chemistry!".  

I think that Burrow and Chase are going to be enormous stars.  If they aren't already.  I just can't even imagine if that last play in the Super Bowl gave Joe just one more second and he throws a game ending bomb on 4th down.  I get chills, then really sad, every time I think about it.  But, knowing these two the way I think I do....it just gave them more fuel to get back and win it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Bengals Becoming a "Must-Watch" ? - SHRacerX - 12-08-2022, 10:47 AM