Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep Lou Anarumo in Cincinnati
The thing about head coaches is coordinator success really isn't a great indicator of their success. One of the reasons team miss so bad is because they do look at their coordinator success as some sort of indicator of their HC success. Running a team is much more than X's and O's and that is kind of the intangible part that makes it tough to get the HC right.

When teams interview a HC candidate they really are trying to get at the bigger picture cultural view of what they want to do. One thing people talked about with Taylor is he came with this massive book, a plan for success. It was about rebuilding the culture and getting people that were the right fit. Inversely, I have talked to folks who say the reason Bienemy continues to not get HC jobs is because no one is buying his "vision", or as one person described it lack of, for the team long term.

As it relates to Lou, I think he is a lifer DC. There is nothing wrong with that and frankly Zimmer should have stayed a DC. He will get interviews and he may even get a job but I am not sure that is what is best for his success.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keep Lou Anarumo in Cincinnati - J24 - 12-06-2022, 10:22 PM
RE: Keep Lou Anarumo in Cincinnati - pally - 12-06-2022, 11:08 PM
RE: Keep Lou Anarumo in Cincinnati - J24 - 12-07-2022, 02:10 AM
RE: Keep Lou Anarumo in Cincinnati - Nepa - 12-07-2022, 10:14 PM
RE: Keep Lou Anarumo in Cincinnati - Au165 - 12-08-2022, 01:07 PM