Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2023 Schedule is strong - our key free agents to focus on the rest of the season
(12-08-2022, 10:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Key Free Agents:
Pratt

Defensive Backs
Bell
Bates
Apple

Running Backs
Perine
T Williams

Tight Ends
Hurst
Sample
Wilcox

Wide Receiver
Taylor
Irwin

Long Snapper
Adomitis & Harris

Priorities for me would be

Safeties - we are going to need to keep one
1a) Bell -
1b) Bates - still think there’s a chance he signs here and his price will not be what he thought it would be. I have a feeling when it comes to overall secondary communication and coverages he may be one of those guys who you don’t know what you got til it’s gone

2) Apple- need to maintain CB room with uncertainties of Chido’s recovery timeline - salary should remain similar if his redemption tour last season didn’t net him a bigger payday. Probably all came down to the Super
Bowl play

3) Pratt - dude has added another layer of juice to the defense and I’d love to keep him but the LB room is the deepest room on the roster and I’d feel confident we’d have a player who could step up

4) TE room is the shallowest room on the team - I think we draft a TE in early rounds and re-up Hurst….hoping we continue to see some opportunity seized by Wilcox- dude had a great game against KC and glad he’s not just going to be remembered as backup long snapper this year.

5) RB - Perine may have earned himself a bigger payday but the league seems willing to draft RB rather than sign a free agent unless it’s McCaffery or a system RB (Dolphins/49ers). I think we can re-sign both at team friendly rates

6) WR - I know our 4th receiver depth was an issue until Irwin stepped up but feel we can retain both Irwin and Taylor easily

I’d go Admoitis for long snapper - the changing of the ST operation guard is complete
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 Schedule is strong - our key free agents to focus on the rest of the season - LebanonFan - 12-09-2022, 11:06 AM